Lime Connect announces the 2020 “In the Limelight” video contest, awarding a total of $20,000 in cash prizes to people with disabilities who have the best stories to tell about how they are living, working, and thriving.
Initial submissions (brief written statements) are due by midnight PST on Sunday, August 2.
The video contest aims to highlight that by showcasing how university students and professionals in the US and Canada are rebranding disability through achievement, according to Lime Connect in a media release.
The Following Cash Prizes Will Be Awarded:
- First Place: $10,000
- Second Place: $5,000
- Third Place: $2,500
- Viewer’s Choice: $1,000
- Honorable Mention(s): $500
Prizes are courtesy of Lime Connect special advisor Vint Cerf, per the release.
How to Participate:
Round 1: To enter, submit a short statement online that provides a little background about your disability, notes some of the daily challenges you may experience as a student or professional, and how you are overcoming them.
(Due Sunday, August 2nd at 11:59pm PDT)
Round 2: Upon notification, selected semi-finalists submit a 1- to 2-minute video based on their essay. Adding creativity and additional information/stories beyond the round 1 essay submission is encouraged but not required.
(Due Sunday, August 30th at 11:59pm PDT, and winners will be notified by mid-September.)
- Entrants must be an 18 or older student or professional living in the US or Canada
- Entrants must identify as a person who happens to have a disability
- Entrants must submit an original, unpublished work
- By participating, entrants grant Lime Connect full rights to use submissions in future marketing or promotional material (see contest form for additional details)
For more information and to enter, visit Lime Connect.
[Source(s): Lime Connect, PRWeb]